What is www.d2dlife.com.my about?
We are a social enterprise that is interested to see how to provide basic essential services for our
patients and clients. Some are medical related and some are not related workings and services. It is created as a for profit business while one of its shareholders namely a foundation with other light-
minded foundations and organisations are also interested to provide for grants and/or subsidies for those that are genuinely in need of the services or help. We are organically growing this over time as
we are looking for more and better ways to help our clients and patients where possible. In the course of doing our works and services that is also aimed to support the strengthening of a caring society and culture, we are also inculcating volunteerism for the Malaysian Humanitarian Foundation (see www.mhfhuman.com) in a more holistic, comprehensive and integrated manner.
For now, we have started on the care category of our services that are catered for home based healthcare and non-healthcare support services such as housecall doctor, housecall nurse, home physiotherapist, home caregiver, chaperone/mobility, pharmacy/medicine delivery, personal trainer, sports doctor, errand/delivery, psychologist/counsellor, psychiatrist, veterinarian, confinement baby nanny, traditional chinese medicine practitioner and yoga. Press the care button for details.
We also welcome to collaborate and to synergise with partners for our works. We hope what we are doing will also help create jobs and businesses for others too that can be green and blue as they can be sustainable within a circular economy model workings that we believe in.
What is dignified care?
For now, we are focussing on our care category of the services, we feel that residents in Malaysia should be empowered to have basic dignity of care services. We are trying to enable our services to be available to more than the top 10% of the population. We hope to widen our services to at least 50% of the population over time and even to 75% later on that can access our services. Affordability and access to the services are important.
Who are our care category clients?
We deliver healthcare and even non-healthcare needs and services to clients that needs a better healthcare and better living. We have a wide range and profile of clients while we are careful and professional about the management of our client and patient profile that adheres to Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) workings.
How do we meet the needs of the population?
Especially with healthcare demands on the rise in conjunction with the population trend that includes an aging population and families with special children, we wish to provide for a full range of affordable services in time.
What is the Model of Care?
Model of Care is an outline of best practice care and services through which we aim to achieve a highly patient centric, integrated, safe and high-quality healthcare service. It takes diligence and hard work to deliver this constantly.
Where do you provide the service?
We are currently providing services within the Klang Valley and shall expand to more states in Malaysia when we are ready to do so.
What are your operating hours?
Our customer service operational hours are 7 am till 11 pm, 7 days a week. Our office operating hours are 9 am till 6 pm (Mondays – Fridays), except on public holidays.
What should you do in cases of emergency?
Please contact your local emergency healthcare provider for immediate assistance as we currently do not provide for emergency services.
Are your personal information and medical records secure?
How it works FAQs
How you may contact us?
You may contact us via our phone number at 0176559471.
What information would you need to prepare before contacting us?
The information we would require consists of the following:
- Patient details: name, age, gender, identification number (NRIC/ Passport No.), and address.
- Next-of-kin details: name, telephone number and relationship to patient.
- Type of service.
- Duration of service (if applicable).
- Client details: name, age, gender, identification number (NRIC/ Passport No.), and address.
- Type of service.
- Duration of service (if applicable).
Rest assured that you will be guided by our Patient Case Manger (PCM) and our Customer Case Manager (CCM) respectively throughout the process.
Who will attend to your enquiries?
Upon contacting us, you will be attended by our Patient Case Manager (PCM) or Customer Case Manager (CCM).
Our PCM are medically trained and will guide you throughout the process, answering your enquiries, fulfilling your requests and following up with you throughout the period of service.
Our CCM are trained in taking care on the customer’s needs by providing and delivering professional helpful, high quality service and assistance before, during, and after the customer’s requirements
What is our mode of communication?
- Phone calls
- WhatsApp services
- BOT Chat service on our website
*depending on client’s preference
What happens after the request has been placed?
Once your request has been managed by our PCM or our CCM, a price quotation will then be sent to you through e-mail or WhatsApp text message services or SMS. Upon agreement to the service, a work order will be issued. The work order comprises the details of the service (type of service and dates) and the amount payable with terms and conditions.
You may then proceed to make the payment, being aware of the cancellation, amendment and refund policies etc.
How do you make the payment?
Payment must be made prior to service commencement. You will be required to pay 50% of the total amount as deposit. The remaining 50% must be paid prior to the date of service.
Failure to complete the payment will abort the booking. If you are unsure and/or require further clarification, you are most welcome to visit our office and meet our Patient Case Manager (PCM) or our Customer Case Manager (CCM).
Mode of payment: online banking service. You are then required to send the proof of payment to the PCM/CCM.
Our Healthcare Providers do not handle payments. If there are any changes, amendments and additional services required at any stage of the services, our PCM and CCM are the main source of the communication and contact. We also do not practice cash payments. We prefer online payments for the transactions.
Will there be any additional charges?
Among the additional charges that may be applicable to the service is travel surcharge. This will be subject to discussion with our Healthcare Provider, for example based on the distance to the client’s residence.
If additional services are required on site, new charges will apply with its own terms and conditions.
This will be made known to the client prior to the need for additional charges. This part of the workings is not handled by our Healthcare Providers as we will need them to help by focusing on the services needed.
How do you cancel your service?
To cancel the service, please contact the dedicated Patient Case Manager or Customer Case Manager 24 hours prior to the service commencement.
Please note, however, that should you decide to do this, there will be no refund of the paid amount upon cancellation.
What happens at the end of the service?
Upon completion of service, a Completion of Service form will be given by the healthcare service providers which is to be signed by both the authorized client and the service providers themselves.
This form serves to prove the completion of service with the satisfaction of the client. If you are unhappy with the services, we must be informed immediately, failing which the service is deemed to be duly delivered and accepted by the recipient of the service.
Who are our doctors?
Our doctors are general practitioners who are registered with the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC).
We do not provide service for medical emergencies. Please call 999 for immediate medical attention.
How long will it take for House call doctors to visit?
We will require a notice of minimum 24 hours before we can process the request. Once the booking has been confirmed, the patient will receive the appointment details with the doctor’s estimated arrival time. On average, we see most of our patients within 3 hours from the booking confirmation. However, this may vary depending on the circumstances. (E.g. weather, public events (i.e. marathons, parades) road conditions, traffic, etc.). We endeavour to try our best to keep the waiting times short.
What kind of conditions are unsuitable for consultation with our House Call doctors?
Our services are intended to handle non-emergency medical issues.
You should contact your local emergency services immediately if your medical condition falls within the scope of emergency conditions.
Emergency conditions include but are not limited to the following:
- Chest pain
- Severe breathing difficulty (acute exacerbation of bronchial asthma or COPD)
- Convulsions / seizures
- Sudden severe abdominal pain
- Deep wounds with persistent bleeding
- Sudden numbness/ face drooping/ weakness/ slurred speech
- Trauma with suspected fracture or dislocation.
Who are our nurses?
Our nurses are experienced and accredited by the Ministry of Health Malaysia.
What is their scope of duty?
Below are the duties of our nurses:-
- Wound care
- Medical procedures such as changing of feeding tubes and urinary catheters.
- Administering injectable medications and etc.
How long will the nurse take to visit?
We will require a 24-hour notice to process the request. We will then assign a nurse to meet your need based on the availability. We endeavour to try our best to keep your waiting time as short as possible.
Who will provide the medical equipment required for any medical procedures?
The cost for medical equipment such as urinary catheters, syringes, ryle’s tubes and others will be borne by the client. You may buy the necessary equipment on your own or request the nurse to purchase them on your behalf.
Who are our physiotherapists?
Our physiotherapists are well experienced and handpicked to deliver a service tailored to your needs.
How long will it take for the physiotherapist to visit?
Your request will require at least 24 hours to be processed. Once the booking is confirmed, the session will be arranged according to the client’s preference and the physiotherapist’s availability. We endeavour to try our best to keep your waiting time as short as possible.
How are the sessions planned?
On the first session, a general assessment of the patient’s condition will be done, upon which there will be a consultation on a suitable treatment plan.
Will you be assigned the same physiotherapist for each session?
We will try our best to assign the same physiotherapist to ensure follow up, where possible. Changes may be made upon request.
Who are our caregivers?
We do engage with local and foreign caregivers, mainly Filipinos. The main language used is English. We also have both male and female caregivers. Caregivers will be assigned based on client’s preference.
Our caregivers are experienced and can cater a wide range of services from caring for an elderly person to special needs groups. They also have basic life support training in cases of emergency.
What services can our caregiver provide?
Our caregivers may assist the patient in doing activities of daily living. For instance, they are equipped to cater for the patient’s hygiene needs (such as bathing or using the toilet), dressing / undressing, feeding the patient, and to assist in the performance of basic exercises and walking.
Our caregivers are not able to carry out medical procedures such as the giving of injectable medications or change of urinary catheter, stoma bag and tracheostomy. However, they may administer insulin injections. They are however not to be treated as a domestic helper/maid to the patient.
How long will it take for the caregiver to visit?
We will require a notice of minimum 24 hours before we can process the request. We will then assign a caregiver based on availability. We endeavour to try our best to keep your waiting time as short as possible.
We also have five day, six days and even 7 days stay in caregivers’ services. We also provide for 8 hours or 10 hours or 12 hours non stay in caregiver services too.
Chaperone / Mobility Services
What is a chaperone service?
Chaperone is a person who guides the patient from home to the health facilities such as hospitals and clinics for their check up and then escorts them home. This includes facilitating them in mobility service and accompanying them to the health service for the timed duration.
Who needs this service?
- Patients who need to go for their regular check-up
- Patients who need to meet a doctor for an appointment
- Patients who need someone to accompany them to hospital or any other health facilities
- Patients who do not need urgent medical attention. In cases such as heart attack, status asthmatics, stroke, and DKA, immediate medical attention is advised with transfer by
paramedics to the nearest healthcare facility.
Can a medical chaperone use the patient’s car to drive the patient to health facility?
No, medical chaperones are neither allowed to drive the patient’s car nor drive their own car.
- You may choose to drive the patient and chaperone to and from the healthcare facility by yourself.
- E-hailing transport services such as GRAB etc. can be used as a mode of transportation. In this context, the transportation fee shall be borne as an additional fee by the client.
How are additional expenses incurred during the visit managed?
Example of extra expenses that may be incurred during the visit are parking fees, snacks requested by the patient, toll payments and others.
You may provide petty cash of up to RM50 to our chaperone. In the case of any expense, please be reminded to request for receipts as proof of payment and also the balance cash from our chaperone.
What if the medical chaperones forget to pay back the balance?
Please take note that the above said RM50 is mainly to be used for transportation expenses.
After the service, you are advised to follow this procedure: make sure to sign the book,
collect the official receipt and balance from the medical chaperone. The company will do a balance refund if is proven that medical chaperones have failed to pay the due balance in any manner.
What if the service is late?
A chaperone who comes late without reasonable justification will be duly dealt with by the company after you have promptly sent us your personal feedback. In the case of more than an hour delay, the service will be considered cancelled and rescheduled for another appointment.
Will the chaperone do any stops in between for the patient?
Other than transporting the patient to hospital and back home, there will not be any stops made in between even upon request. This abides with our safety rules and regulations in order for the chaperone to carry out his/her duties responsibly (unless this is pre-agreed to by the company).
Can the client request for services for designated dates, or even a month with a package?
Yes, we do provide personalised services to cater to the specific dates needed. Please do contact us for further details regarding the rate/package for the specified dates.
Do the medical chaperones have proper documents?
Yes, all our chaperones are handpicked and are qualified with the necessary skills with
Do we provide for mobility transportation that are disabled friendly?
Yes, we do.
Pharmacy / Medical Delivery
Who can buy medicine and non-medicine from us?
Anyone can as long as they have the prescription from the doctor that can also be acceptable to the Pharmacy.
What if the patient and/or the user does not have a prescription for the medicine that requires prescription? Can that be acceptable by our Doctor and/or the Pharmacy?
We will need to make a Doctor’s visit to see the patient if this situation is to arise as we will also need to adhere to the Pharmacy’s standard operation procedures (SOPs) too.
What happens if the purchase made by the patient and/or the user is put together wrongly by our side?
We have a clear working trial for this that starts from the verification as well as to what the order will be. If there are errors that are on our side, we will bear for it or to change it. Likewise, it the error is from the Pharmacy, they will need to bear it or change it. Likewise, if there are anything that is not done properly by the logistics person, we will be able to trial that too for audits. If the patient and/or the user ordered wrong, we will not be responsible
for the mistake. We can however voluntarily see if we can have the items exchanged that will be at the discretion of the Pharmacy while all the additional logistics and admin costs can apply accordingly.
How are payments made for the purchases?
They are to be paid to us 100% before we do the delivery. All works with come with a work order that will help to ensure that the order is what that will be delivered and signed-off for.
What happens if the work order pharmacy delivery items are late for delivery?
Our delivery person will be in communication with the patient and/or the user. We can also be contacted by the patient and/or the user for checking too.
How do we charge?
We will show our charges transparently to all patients and/or users prior to any work order bookings. We will also continue to find more and better ways to help bring down the cost for the patients and/or the users where possible.
Can you order one order at a time or make multiple orders also be made that can be monthly or quarterly?
The patient and/or the user can choose whichever way they wish. Some may wish for us to deliver the orders every once a month or some will inform us when they need items from the Pharmacy. This is for the patient and/or the user to decide on what works best for them.
Who are our personal trainer?
Our personal trainer are selected thoroughly and professionally. They will guide and monitor your fitness and health, making sure you are in the best shape and health.
How long will it take for the personal trainer to visit?
We will require a notice of minimum 24 hours before we can process the request. We will then assign a personal trainer based on availability. We endeavour to try our best to keep your waiting time as short as possible.
What service can our personal trainer provide?
- Demonstrating exercises and routines to clients
- Assisting clients in exercises to minimize injury and promote fitness
- Modify exercises according to clients’ fitness levels
- Monitoring client progress
- Providing information or resources on general fitness and health issues
Who are our sports doctor?
Our team of sports doctors are specially trained to swiftly diagnose and treat injuries that are sustained from playing sports and any other type of injuries. Our mission is to get the athlete back to their sport as quickly and safely as possible.
How long will it take for the sports doctor to visit?
We will require a notice of minimum 24 hours before we can process the request. We will then assign a personal trainer based on availability. We endeavour to try our best to keep your waiting time as short as possible.
What service can our sports doctor provide?
- Provide comprehensive diagnoses and treatment of sports or activity related injury.
- Use manual techniques to prevent and treat muscular and skeletal conditions.
- Provide athletes with education and counselling related to their injury.
- Implement mental strategies that enable athletes to cope with and overcome setbacks or injuries.
- Provide nutritional guidance to assist with the rehabilitation process.
- Order and interpret results of diagnostic imaging procedures.
- Record all medical care information and maintain medical records.
What is our errand /delivery service?
Our errand and delivery service is run with the standard operation procedures (SOPs) that are between our operations and with logistic team. This is to help ensure that the items are put together with care and passed to the right delivery person that will then send it to the authorised person to receive.
How long will it take for the errand/delivery to work?
We will require a notice of minimum 30 minutes before we can process the request. We will then assign a rider or a service contractor based on availability. We endeavour to try our best to keep your waiting time as short as possible.
What service can our errand/delivery provide?
- Getting groceries.
- Stopping at the post office.
- Running to the bank.
- Dry-cleaning pickup and drop-off.
- Delivering meals and snacks.
- Meal purchase and deliveries.
- Sending and receiving packages and mail.
- Pick up a package from your house and have it delivered anywhere.
- Pick up a delivered package addressed to you.
Psychologist / Counsellor
Who are our Psychologist/Counsellor?
Our psychologist is an Allied Health professional who specialises in the treatment of mental health problems and human behaviour. Our psychologists are trained in clinical psychology. This field of psychology involves specialised training in mental health problems and psychological problems.
How long will it take for the psychologist/counsellor to visit?
We will require a notice of minimum 24 hours before we can process the request. We will then assign a psychologist/counsellor based on availability. We endeavour to try our best to keep your waiting time as short as possible.
What service can our psychologist/counsellor provide?
Our psychologists use psychological therapies and procedures to help clients overcome a range of problems including depression, addiction, anxiety, challenging behaviour, neurological disorders, mental ill health and learning disabilities. Typical responsibilities of the job include:
- Assessing clients' behaviour and needs via observation, interviews and psychometric tests.
- Developing, administering and monitoring appropriate treatment therapies and strategies.
- Helping clients to make positive changes to their lives.
- Providing support and advice to carers.
- Identify psychological, emotional, behavioural, or organizational issues and diagnose disorders.
- Test for patterns that will help them better understand and predict behaviour.
- Discuss the treatment of problems with clients.
- Help clients define goals and plan action to achieve personal, social, educational and vocational development and adjustment.
- Monitor client progress through regular meetings or sessions.
Who are our Psychiatrist?
Our psychiatrists are medical doctors who are experts in mental health. They specialise in diagnosing and treating people with mental illness. Our psychiatrists have a deep understanding of physical and mental health and how they affect each other. Our team will help our clients and patients with mental health conditions.
How long will it take for the psychiatrist to visit?
We will require a notice of minimum 24 hours before we can process the request. We will then assign a psychiatrist based on availability. We endeavour to try our best to keep your waiting time as short as possible.
What service can our Psychiatrist provide?
Provide urgent care for a sudden mental illness.
- Help you to manage a long-term mental health condition.
- Provide second opinions and advice to other doctors and health professionals.
- Determine whether the illness is caused by mental health or another physical condition.
- Study the effects of medication on the body. After diagnosis, they might prescribe medication to manage the condition.
- Developing a better understanding of illness and pursuing more effective treatments.
Who are our veterinarian?
Our veterinarian is a medical professional who protects the health and well-being of both animals.
They diagnose and control animal diseases and treat sick and injured animals. They also advise owners on proper care of their pets.
How long will it take for the veterinarian to visit?
We will require a notice of minimum 24 hours before we can process the request. We will then assign a veterinarian based on availability. We endeavour to try our best to keep your waiting time as short as possible.
What service can our veterinarian provide?
- Diagnoses animal health problems.
- Vaccinates against diseases, such as distemper and rabies.
- Medicates animals suffering from infections or illnesses.
- Treats and dresses wounds.
- Sets fractures.
- Performs minor to complex surgery, depending on training.
- Advises owners about animal feeding, behaviour and breeding.
- Euthanizes animals when necessary.
- Provides preventive care to maintain the health of livestock.
- Performs diagnostic tests such as X-ray, EKG, ultrasound, blood, urine, and faeces.
Who are our confinement baby nannies?
Our nannies are well- trained and will perform the service according to our terms and conditions.
Our nannies will perform a standard acts such as bathing the baby, putting the baby to sleep, feeding the baby.
How long will it take for the nanny to visit?
We will require a notice of minimum 24 hours before we can process the request. We will then assign a nanny based on availability. We endeavour to try our best to keep your waiting time as short as possible.
What service can our nanny provide?
- Baby bath, change diapers and baby clothes, baby bedding and neonatal care.
- Feeding baby (once breastfeeding is well-established, you can express breast milk so that she can take over one or more night feeds).
- Generally caring for the baby so that the new mother can rest.
- Cooking special confinement dishes such as traditional chicken soup which are considered extra-nutritious.
- Cooking and preparing nutritious confinement meals with a reasonable mixture of meat and vegetables.
- Practice maternal health care and prevent common diseases of maternity.
- Exercise, swimming, expose baby to sun and cognitive training.
- Taking care of the mother during her confinement.
- Ensure that the mother gets ample rest during her confinement.
- Help to teach the parents on how to handle the baby.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Practitioners
What is our Traditional Chinese Medicine?
Traditional Chinese Medicine is a healing approach that originated in China thousands of years ago.
Often referred to as “TCM”. Our practitioners will use herbs, diet, acupuncture, cupping, and qigong to prevent or treat our patients and clients’ health problems.
How long will it take for our team to visit?
We will require a notice of minimum 24 hours before we can process the request. We will then assign a professional practitioner based on availability. We endeavour to try our best to keep your waiting time as short as possible.
What is the benefits of our Traditional Chinese Medicine treatment?
- Help to reduce inflammation and the consequences associated with it through a number of different means, including herbal treatments, acupuncture, and acupressure.
- Help you to stop any lifestyle habits that are harmful to your body and make inflammation worse.
- Improve your balance, help you maintain or even enhance your flexibility and agility, and boost the overall strength in your muscles.
- Effectively regulate the hormones that protect your brain, which also serves to control the immune response of your body.
- Help to improve the overall quality of your sleep.
Who are our yoga trainer?
Our yoga teacher is a fitness and wellness professional who leads group classes in yoga. This also includes one to one training too. They teach students how to perform the various stretching poses, practice meditation and promote mindfulness in addition to overall wellbeing.
How long will it take for our yoga trainer to visit?
We will require a notice of minimum 24 hours before we can process the request. We will then assign a yoga trainer based on availability. We endeavour to try our best to keep your waiting time as short as possible.
What service can our yoga trainer provide?
- Instructing small (one to one) or large groups of new, intermediate or experienced clients.
- Demonstrating stretching poses, including alternative, advanced and adjusted positions to provide more accessibility to clients of different levels.
- Advising clients on ways to improve or refine their practice, including at-home routines, positions for certain benefits and techniques to make positions easier, safer or more challenging.
- Helping individual clients perfect their form, including offering manual adjustments during lessons.
- Leading groups through quiet meditation by talking through the process of letting thoughts go and relaxing each part of the body.